Saturday, May 8, 2010

Cook Along Anyone?

Wow. So this Julia and Julie movie really started something, and now there are cook along blogs everywhere.
Can't really commit to cooking through a whole book. Sorry if you were waiting for that ! :)

I was thinking though, man if I cooked all the recipes in my magazines, I'd never cook the same thing twice. (Mind you, I never said the dynamic duo would eat said cooking...)

My dear youngest gave me a book on Friday about "mom" which stated "One thing Mom really knows how to cook is macaroni and cheese (this is a high compliment from the queen of 5) . One thing my mom doesn't know how to cook is vegetables. (Hope my own Mom is NOT reading this!) Obviously, I might need to add to my selection of recipes. Enter the June 2010 Cooking Light Magazine. There are 70 recipes in the magazine, only 30 days in June. Could I do it????

If you'd like to cook with me, give me a shout. I'm going to start in MAY with hopes of finishing by the end of JUNE.

Tonight's projects (which need to be eaten right away as the fridge is breaking again...) Pan Fired Egg Rolls. I'm sorry to say I won't be posting the recipe here, but if you are a Cooking Light subscriber, you can turn to page 208.


Mary Kay wasn't born cheap... but she got there pretty quickly.

No comments: