Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Quick Finish for another UFO





If I had known that it would be work immediately, I would have finished this UFO long ago!
I was finally prodded by a review I read by Karen6790 on Pattern review.com - the review explained how she had had a jacket in her UFO pile waiting on the "perfect buttons". A light bulb went off.
This little outfit has been hanging in my UFO room (also called my laundry room by some...) since it was originally made to fit the OLDER daughter. Waiting on perfect buttons I had in my mind that never surfaced. Also, I wanted to make it adjustable-- I'm not sure why this was so important. Here's a shot from an angle that makes it easier to see the aprong stand out.

The fabric is from Michael Miller's quilting collection Retro Kitchen, and I just fell in love with it at first sight, but never could find the perfect pattern. I ended up using a modified version of Simplicity 4203. I added a little apron layer to the top, and widened the straps to showcase the border fabric. I also added a cuff border to the pants, taking out the vent, in order to use more of the border.

The background fabric is formica print from the same grouping.

I'll keep looking for fabulous, retro buttons that are perfect, but in the meantime, it's out of the UFO pile and on a little person!



No comments: